The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe is exactly what your soul needs to take you back to simpler times. Goodness in a slice!
Banana bread is so nostalgic. My mom loves baking it, and I’ve been known to occasionally bake a loaf as well. It definitely reminds me of home…
That’s exactly why I decided I needed to create the Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe. Loaded with chocolate chips in a sweet banana batter, it’ll satisfy any sweet cravings you’ve been having lately.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is the ultimate comfort food, too. Perfect for using up overripe bananas, it’s easy to make with little clean up.
I start by mashing bananas, mixing in all the usual quick-bread ingredients, and then throwing in an entire bag of mini chocolate chips before baking it into a luxurious loaf of sweet bread. This is a great recipe for a novice baker, but decadent and versatile enough for any experienced baker who wants to whip up something sweet with minimal effort.
I use a hint of cinnamon in my recipe, too, to give it a little spice kick that pairs well with chocolate and banana. There’s just something about cinnamon during the cooler months of the year, so right now I am adding it to just about every baked good.
I personally don’t add nuts to my batter, but adding some in might feel right for you. And that’s okay. I love playing with recipes and using what I have on hand instead of fighting traffic to make yet another trip to the grocery store. That’s one of the benefits of this recipe. Its versatility makes it a winner. It could even be made into muffins for a quick grab-and-go breakfast in the mornings. The sky is the limit!
Large 9×13 casserole baking dish or bread pans
Measuring cups and spoons
How to Make The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
Preheat oven to 375°. Spray casserole dish or bread pans with cooking spray
Mix dry ingredients by sifting together; set aside.
Mix wet ingredients together into dry mix.
Add in chocolate chips, stirring without over mixing, and then fill casserole dish with batter.
Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, remove from oven, and cool slightly before slicing. Enjoy warm or room temperature.
Tips for Making The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
I don’t yet have bread pans to bake with, so I started using my casserole dishes instead. This recipe makes one really large loaf (using a 9 x 13 dish), but I’m sure it could make about 3 loaves in normal bread pans if you prefer to use those instead.
If you’re not a fan of oats, simply use flour instead, for a total of 4 cups of flour.
More Baking Inspiration
The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- 9×13 large casserole dish or 3 bread loaf pans
- mixing bowl
- rubber spatula
- measuring cups and spoons
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 mashed bananas about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Be sure to spray your casserole dish or bread pans with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking, or you can use parchment paper.
- Next, you’ll need to stir all the dry ingredients together by sifting them through a sieve.
- In a separate bowl mash the bananas.
- Then, in another separate bowl begin whisking your eggs, milk, and oil together. Mix the mashed banana into the other wet ingredients.
- At this point you will need to stir the bowl of wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir until combined without overmixing.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and begin filling the casserole dish with the batter. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes to an hour, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Slice the loaf once it has cooled long enough, after about 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.