Cool off and make an easy, decadent Snickers Pie to celebrate the days of summer. With minimal effort, you’ll have a quick, refreshing dessert everyone in the family will devour.
Snickers Pie is an all-time family favorite.
My grandmother, who has since passed, used to make this for special occasions. Toward the end of her life she wasn’t very mobile, so when she was able to make it to the kitchen she needed to stick to recipes she could whip up in no time with no fuss.
I remember being 10 years old and being able to make this myself without any help—so yes, it is very simple… but so delicious. It’s truly a no-hassle recipe for those hot summer days when you need to have dessert for a gathering but can’t be bothered with turning the oven on.
Snickers pie is one of those recipes that children and adults alike both enjoy. There are always requests for seconds!
I love bringing this pie dish to family cookouts and have even made it during the cooler months, during the holiday season. It can be enjoyed any time of year really.
It’s a great recipe to make with your kids, too, since it includes pre-made whipped topping and a pre-made pie crust with no heating elements required. I used to love experimenting and mixing sweet treats together when I was young, and to this day I still love coming back to recipes like this on busy days when I’m wanting something seriously sweet and decadent.
It’s rich, creamy, full of chocolate and peanut butter goodness—a crowd pleaser for even the pickiest of eaters. Snickers pie is a true all-time family favorite recipe around here, and I think your family will enjoy it just as much.
Cutting board and knife
Measuring cups and spoons
Cream cheese – softened at room temperature, this is the base of the filling.
Vanilla extract – for enhancing the flavors in the filling.
Powdered sugar – this sweetens the filling just enough.
Peanut butter – this enhances the flavor of the filling and complements the Snickers flavor.
Whipped topping – this makes the filling fluffier and creamy. I use a tub of premade whipped topping, but you can make it from scratch if you prefer.
Snickers bars – these add texture and lots of flavor. I purchase a sleeve of six to chop up and mix in.
Oreo pie crust – this is the foundation of the pie. I use a pre-made one, but you can always make it from scratch if you prefer.
1. Begin by using an electric mixer to blend peanut butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
2. After combined, mix the whipped topping on low until evenly combined.
3. Chop the Snickers bars into small pieces and fold them into the cream mixture, saving a few to sprinkle on top.
4. Pour mixture into pie crust and refrigerate for 2-3 hours until ready to serve.
Tips for Making Snickers Pie
I buy pre-made whipped topping and a pre-mad pie crust for this recipe. I am usually the type to make things from scratch, but my grandmother taught me to make it this way so I keep the recipe the same. That being said, you could easily make your own whipped topping with heavy whipping cream and a bit of powdered sugar. I would go for a small carton of the whipping cream and add about 1/4-1/2 cup of powdered sugar to get the desired amount for this recipe.
For a homemade Oreo pie crust, simply grind up half a package or so of Oreo cookie sandwiches in a food processor and add about 1/4 cup of melted butter to blend it all together. At this point you can press it into a pie plate and it’s ready to go. The homemade version may have a slightly different consistency, though, so please be aware of this before attempting.
To soften cream cheese, simply set out for an hour or so on your countertop before beginning the recipe. Cream cheese is much easier to work with at room temperature and will combine into the mixture better this way, so please don’t skip this step.
- electric mixer
- mixing bowl
- rubber spatula
- cutting board and knife
- measuring cups and spoons
- 1-8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1-8 oz tub of whipped topping
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 sleeve Snickers bars (6 Snickers bars)
- 1 Oreo pie crust
- Using an electric mixer in a mixing bowl, blend the cream cheese, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and peanut butter together until well combined.
- Next, mix the whipped topping in on a low speed until everything is thoroughly mixed together.
- Chop up the Snickers bars into small pieces, saving a few to sprinkle on top of your pie.
- Mix the Snickers pieces into the cream mixture by folding them in gently, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour into Oreo pie crust, spreading it evenly over the crust, and top with remaining pieces of the Snickers bars. For best results, cover and chill for 2-3 hours before slicing and serving.